Durham, N.C. — Baseball America magazine released its annual Top Independent Prospects list on Friday, with Kansas City T-Bones OF Dalton Wheat first on the list. Five of the top seven prospects were from the American Association, up from four of the top seven in 2015.
In 67 games, Wheat led the T-Bones with a .335 average and a .414 on-base percentage to go along with 27 RBI, nine stolen bases. It was the first professional season for the Augusta, Kan., native, who joined Kansas City immediately after finishing his collegiate career at Emporia State.
Other American Association players on the list:
- 3. RHP Ramon Nivar, Laredo
- 4. RHP Chad Nading, Wichita
- 6. RHP Danny Reynolds, Laredo
- 7. RHP Lindsey Caughel, Lincoln
- 15. OF T.J. Mittelstaedt, Wichita
- 23. LHP Harold Guerrero, Laredo
- 27. LHP Tyler Alexander, Fargo-Moorhead
- 34. 3B Brett Wiley, Kansas City
[…] Click here for the full story: T-BONES’ WHEAT NAMED TOP INDEPENDENT PROSPECT […]