In Ballpark Digest‘s annual attendance listings of 371 North American affiliated, independent and summer-collegiate league clubs. the St. Paul Saints finished seventh in 2016 with an average attendance of 8,438 per game at CHS Field.
All six clubs above the Saints are at the Triple-A level. St. Paul, whose attendance was up 4% from last year’s average of 8,091, moved up five spots in the rankings from 2015.
Overall in 2016, the American Association attracted 1,833,503 fans to regular-season games. The league champion Winnipeg Goldeyes, with an average of 4,817, finished 52nd on the list, while the Kansas City T-Bones finished 68th with an average of 4,263. The Wichita Wingnuts had the largest gain on the list, improving their attendance 6% from 2,895 to 3,080 per game and moving up 20 spots, from 128th to 108th.
Ballpark Digest 2016 Average Attendance – Top 10
- Charlotte Knights, International League: 8,974/game.
- Indianapolis Indians, International League: 8,970/game.
- Columbus Clippers: International League: 8,855/game.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs, International League: 8,729/game.
- Round Rock Express, Pacific Coast League: 8,637/game.
- Sacramento River Cats, Pacific Coast League: 8,587/game.
- St. Paul Saints, American Association: 8,438/game.
- Dayton Dragons, Midwest League: 8,188/game.
- Buffalo Bisons, International League: 8,039/game.
- El Paso Chihuahuas, Pacific Coast League: 7,837/game.
[…] Click here for the full story: SAINTS SEVENTH IN ATTENDANCE LISTINGS […]